A traditional Italian pasta dish. As my wife has a dairy allergy I make this with soy cream and vegan cheese, though normal cream and cheese will work just as well.
- 250 g tagliatelle
- Olive oil
- 6 rashers of smokey bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 80g chestnut mushrooms (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 200ml soy cream
- 50g vegan cheese (grated)
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Large handful of spinach leaves
Put the tagliatelle on to cook, as per the packet instructions.
Heat some olive oil in a pan and add the bacon. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes, until starting to brown.
Add the onion, mushrooms & garlic. Fry on a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
Add the parsley, cream and cheese and stir on a low heat, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickening. Crack in the eggs and mix well. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drain the pasta and, off the heat, add to the cream sauce. Mix well until evenly coated. Season with a little salt & pepper and stir in the spinach.