This is a great vegan curry, after we have had a bit of a meat heavy Christmas.
Serve with flatbreads and rice
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and grated)
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 a large butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 a jar of pasata
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of garam Marsala
- 2 tsp of ground coriander
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Drizzle the squash with olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of salt & pepper, coriander and cumin. Roast in the oven at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Melt the coconut oil in a large pan. Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes.
Add the garlic and the ginger and fry for a few more minutes.
Add the roasted squash and add enough water to the pan to just cover the squash.
Bring to the boil, before adding the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for around 25-30 minutes, removing the bay leaves and cardamom before serving.