This is a great way to use up any surplus veg coming from your garden at the moment. Mix and match the veg, depending on what you have available. We are on the last of the broad beans, and have just started on the kale, carrots and chillies. It all tastes so much sweeter fresh from the garden.
- 150g Egg noodles
- 250g beef steak (cut into strips)
- Tablespoon of groundnut oil
- 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- Small piece of ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (cut into sticks)
- Handful of cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1 red pepper (cut into sticks)
- Handful of broad beans
- Tablespoon of soy sauce
- Teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
Put the noodles in a pan of water and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the beef and cook for a few minutes, turning occasionally, until nicely browning.
Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes, before adding the rest of the ingredients. Cook for a few more minutes.
Drain the noodles and serve immediately, topped with the fried veg and beef.