This is one of my favourite curries. It takes little effort to make, but has an amazing flavour.
It’s great served with homemade garlic flatbread or rice.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled & grated)
- Thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 green pepper (cored & chopped)
- 500g potatoes (chopped into chunks)
- Can of chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of Cumin seed
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 180g king prawns
- Fresh coriander leaves (to garnish)
Put the potatoes on to boil for about 10 minutes.
Heat some oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, garlic & ginger and cook for 2 or 3 minutes to soften.
Add the pepper, potatoes, tomatoes & spices. Season to taste and simmer for around 5 minutes. Add the prawns and cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes until pink.
Serve topped with fresh coriander.