Super easy and really tasty. We make this quite a lot. We often have it whilst out camping with salty nacho chips, but rice works well too.
As there are only 2 and a half of us, I freeze the leftovers from this, for a quick dinner the following week.
- Olive oil
- 2 onions (peeled and sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch of chilli flakes (more if you like extra heat)
- Small bunch of fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- 2 courgettes (chopped into smallish pieces)
- 2 celery sticks (finely chopped)
- 2 red peppers (chopped into smallish pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 10 Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of borlotti beans
- 1 tin of Pinto beans
- 1 tin Haricot beans
- 1 tin Black eye beans
- 1/4 bottle of red wine
- 50g Very dark chocolate
- 200ml water
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Heat some oil in a large pan, add the onions and fry for several minutes, to soften.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for about an hour to an hour and a half, stirring occasionally.You can add a drop more water if necessary.