This recipe is based on the North African poached egg dish, but with added sausages and beans – to make a great breakfast or brunch.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 6 sausages (cut into chunks)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 courgette (halved and sliced)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin cannellini beans (drained)
- Handful of fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- 2 tsp dried Parsley
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Dash of cayenne
- 4 Eggs
Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish, on the hob. Fry the onion for several minutes on a medium heat, until softening.
Add the sausages and cook for about 5 minutes turning occasionally, until browning.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except the eggs, to the dish. Put into the oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and make wells in the sauce. Crack in the eggs.
Stick the lid on the dish, place back in the oven and cook for around 15 – 20 minutes.