I love a Thai green curry, and its so easy to make the sauce yourself, rather than buying one in a jar.
For the paste;
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 4 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- a thumb sized piece of Ginger (peeled)
- 2 stalks of lemon grass (outer leaves peeled)
- 2 Shallots (peeled)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
For the Curry;
- Groundnut oil
- 1 green pepper (de-seeded and cut into chunks)
- Large handful of asparagus (ends trimmed)
- Large handful of sugar-snap peas (ends trimmed)
- 1/2 a can of coconut milk
- Coriander (to serve)
Put all of the paste ingredients into a food processor and blitz well.
Heat a little groundnut oil in a large frying pan. Add your vegetables and fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the curry paste and coconut milk. Mix well.
Bring to the boil, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
Serve with rice, topped with a little coriander