This is a very simple vegetarian Indian rice dish. There are many different versions of this recipe, usually containing meat, fish or eggs.
- 250g rice
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10g ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 6 chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (de seeded and chopped)
- 6 runner beans (trimmed and chopped)
- 3 handfuls of peas
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt & pepper
- Coriander (to serve)
Stick the rice on to cook. Meanwhile heat a little oil in a pan.
Fry the onion, garlic & ginger for a few minutes, until soft.
Add the rest of the vegetables and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the curry powder and cumin, season with salt & pepper and mix well.
When the rice is cooked, drain and add to the pan of vegetables. Mix well and serve topped with a little coriander.