Having recently bought a vegetable curry at a festival, I was very dissapointed. It was boring and lacked any real flavour. You have to wonder why? Its so easy to make a tasty curry.
Packed full of veg and healthy lentils, this is very filling. Best served with my garlic flatbreads.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 small onions (peeled and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and grated)
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 250g cauliflower (chopped into small florets)
- 6 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 handfuls of red lentils
- 1 handful of sultanas
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Melt the coconut oil in a large pan. Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes.
Add the garlic and the ginger and fry for a few more minutes.
Add the squash, cauliflower and tomatoes and add enough water to the pan to just cover the veg.
Bring to the boil, before adding the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for around 35-40 minutes.
Serve with freshly made garlic flatbreads.
As an alternative try swapping he cauliflower for a couple of large handfuls of spinach and a couple of carrots.