A little hint of spice on a cold day, really helps to warm you up. Not to mention that capsicum is a brain stimulant and makes you feel happy. Perfect on the coming long winter nights.
- 500g dried borlotti beans (soaked overnight)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Half a medium size pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400g tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 corn cobs (corn removed, use a can if fresh isn’t available)
- 300g Runner beans (chopped)
- 300g Carrots (sliced and quartered)
- 10 chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Put a splash of olive oil into a large pan and add the onion. Fry for a few minutes until soft.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and level fill with water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for around 30-40 minutes. Top up with water as and when necessary.
Serve with crusty bread.