A great cheats bread. Quick to prepare, with no need to knead or prove the loaf.
Great dunked into soups and stews.
- 175g peeled and grated pumpkin
- 300g self raising flour (sifted)
- 1 large rosemary sprig (finely chopped)
- 50g black olives (halved)
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Rye flour (for coating)
Stick all the ingredients apart from the water and rye flour into a bowl.
Slowly add a little water at a time and mix until a firm dough is formed.
Form into a ball and place onto a warm baking tray and sprinkle with a little Rye flour.
Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for around 45-50 minutes. To test whether it is fully cooked turn the loaf over and tap the bottom – it should sound hollow.
Leave to cool before eating.