Looking for new ways to use up the usual summer glut of courgettes, I came up with these chocolatey cupcakes. The courgette makes them really moist and if you don’t tell the kids, they’ll never know that you are sneaking in some healthy veg!
Makes 20 cupcakes
- 320g Plain flour (sieved)
- 280g Soft brown sugar
- 75g Dark coco powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of aqua-faba (chickpea juice)
- 50ml Olive oil
- 350g Courgette (coarsely grated)
- 90g walnuts
- 140ml Courgette wine (or any white wine)
In a large bowl mix the aqua-faba, olive oil, courgettes and wine.
Add the flour, sugar, coco, bicarb, cinnamon and salt, and mix well. Add the walnuts and stir through.
Divide the mix into cupcake cases and place a walnut onto each one.
Cook in the centre of a pre-heated for 25-30 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.