This is a great one pot dish. Ideal for Summer camping trips. What can be better than eating a curry with a glass of home brewed beer, sitting by the fire with friends?
Serve with flatbreads and rice.
- Groundnut oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 fresh chilli (finely chopped)
- Thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 800g lamb neck (cut into 2cm chunks)
- small bunch of coriander (finely chopped)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 150g Rogan josh paste
- 800ml of water
- 2 handfuls of red lentils
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Handful of spinach
Heat some oil in a large pan and add the onion, chilli and ginger.
Cook for a few minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the spinach and cook for about an hour.
Remove the bay leaves and add the spinach. Mix well and serve.