- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 sticks celery (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 200g chestnut mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100g red lentils
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 150g chestnuts (chopped)
- 80g dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons aqua faba (juice from a can of chick
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt & pepper
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and celery for about 5 mins, to soften. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 mins.
Add the red pepper, carrot, cranberries, oregano and paprika and cook for a few minutes.
Add the red lentils, tomato puree, and the vegetable stock and simmer over a very gentle heat until all the liquid has been absorbed and the mixture is fairly dry.
Stir in the breadcrumbs, nuts, aqua faba, parsley, and season with salt & pepper.
Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin and press down the surface .
Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 mins, remove the foil and bake for a further 10–15 mins until firm.