The original recipe for this one came from the RHS Red hot chilli grower book. I have adapted the recipe several times, more recently to allow for my wife’s dairy and egg allergy.
If you are into spicy things you can up the amount of chilli to your taste.
- 300g really dark chocolate
- 300g light soft brown sugar
- 250g dairy free spread (I have used both Flora freedom and Stork)
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 220g plain flour (sifted)
- Juice from 1 can of chick peas (also known as aquafaba)
Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
Put the chocolate, sugar, spread and chilli into a pan and slowly heat until dissolved
Meanwhile whisk the chick pea juice to form soft peaks
Take the chocolate mix off the heat and stir in the flour. Fold in half the chick pea juice, followed by the other half
Distribute the mix between cupcake cases. You should end up with around 16
Cook for around 20-25 minutes until springy to the touch